-
July 29th, 2002, 01:41 PM
#11
Inactive Member
It's a fun and love thing. Start small find something like, invite someone over and roll the dice. Cooking is low risk anyway, if you invite friend over and the dish does not come off, they'd never admit it! [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
July 29th, 2002, 02:32 PM
#12
Inactive Member
Thanks Jetrnk, I don't feel so bad about admitting that I can't cook either!! LOL I cook things out of boxes and bags, but not from a cookbook or receipes....
Denise
-
July 29th, 2002, 04:16 PM
#13
Inactive Member
LOL Denise, WHEW!!! good I'm not the only one.
JetRnk
-
August 10th, 2002, 01:02 PM
#14
DeeJay
Guest
Has anyone tried that cowboy steak stuff with coffee yet?
How about Little Boys??
Go to the supermarket, ask the girl in the paper hat behind the counter at the deli to give ya 1/2 kilo of cocktail frankfurts.
Go home. Throw them on the hot plate/cooker/stove in boiling water and wait til about 8 mins until they are bubbling away.
Put them on a plate. Slather with tomato sauce/ketchup and serve to the troops. Worked for lunch today here and they asked for more.
-
August 11th, 2002, 07:21 PM
#15
Inactive Member
I'm having my famous stir fry~ tonite, and it smells sooooooooooo good and tastes even better! Yum... LOL. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] - NYJ -
-
August 11th, 2002, 11:40 PM
#16
Inactive Member
Hey Cherie.. why don't you share your recipie for beef stew. It's the best I ever tasted...
Love ya sweetie.. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
August 11th, 2002, 11:59 PM
#17
Inactive Member
Here ya go tested favorite:
TEXAS CHAIN GANG CHILI
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large onions chopped (4 cups)
8 minced garlic cloves
8 minced fresh jalapenos (remove stems & seeds)
1.5 pounds ground beef(use lean or sirloin)
1.5 lbs beef trimmed and cubed (1/2 inch) (sirloin)
2 teaspoons salt
5 table spoons chili powder
2 table spoons cumin
2 table spoons oregano
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper or more to taste
28 oz crushed tomatoes
4 cups beef stock
2 16 oz dark red kidney beans rinsed and drained.
cook 1st 4 ingred. until tender (20 min) and set aside. In a large pot (5 qt) add beef and season with salt, cook until no longer pink (20 min).
Add onion mixture and spices and cook for 5 minutes stirring well. Stir in tomatoes and and stock and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer uncovered, stir occas. for 1.5 hours. Taste correct seasonings if needed and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender and chili is reduced to your liking. Stir in beans and simmer for 5 minutes. Serves 6-8.
Use gloves when chopping jalapenos if you can or be careful. I made the mistake of rubbing my eyes after the fact and even after washing and I thought the darn Jalapeno juices would blind me.
ENJOY!!
Jett setter enjoy the chicken stir tonight.
Hey Cherie put up the beef stew.
Have fun folks. Charlie.
-
August 12th, 2002, 08:55 AM
#18
Inactive Member
My,my,my it was delicious! LOL - NYJ -
-
August 12th, 2002, 01:16 PM
#19
moderator
Hey Cherrytattoo!!!!!
That's a great idea. Should is good to see you on the broad. I send my love and more. Wish I could get out and see you and your lovely wife. I miss you.
[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
Your friend,
Cherie
-
August 15th, 2002, 01:45 AM
#20
moderator
Hi everyone,
I came from a large family and my mom was good at creating delicous economy meals.
We all still love our 'Hamburger Pie' [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
**********
Ingredients
4 potatoes
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Peel and quarter potatoes, and introduce into boiling water; cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion until beef is brown. Drain. Stir in tomato soup and green beans. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Mound mashed potatoes in a ring around the meat mixture (do not cover meat). Sprinkle potatoes with shredded cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, until potatoes are golden.
Have a good one!
More later,
[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Gus
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks